Conflict Resolution & Personal Safety
Who is this course for?
This course provides employees with a foundation in conflict resolution, with emphasis on the importance of personal safety. The employee will learn and practise skills to raise their confidence and maintain composure whilst defusing customer conflict.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for all employees in the public and private sector whose work brings them into contact with others; including colleagues, customers, members of the public, patients or clients.
Why is it important?
Work-related violence is on the rise and employers have a duty of care to provide a safe place of work. This is not easy in environments where the potential for conflict and aggression is high.
What will be covered?
- Terminology used in conflict resolution
- Knowledge of the laws that apply to businesses and their employees
- The concepts of a safe working environment and how the risk of conflict can be assessed
- Ability to recognise potential confrontational situations and defuse conflicts before they escalate
- Appreciate the importance of personal safety
How long is the course?