Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
Level 3 Award accredited by Highfield Qualifications (nee HABC)
Who is this course for?
It is for businesses who wish to ensure they meet their regulatory requirements. You will need to complete a risk assessment and determine the number of staff require training in emergency first aid protocols.
This course is also ideal to provide you with the essential knowledge and confidence to apply first aid in an emergency.
Who should attend?
This course is for those who wish to receive training in emergency first aid procedures within the workplace and in every day life.
What will they learn?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The importance of minimising the risk of infection
- Managing an incident
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Managing an obstructed airway
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Deal with minor injuries
- Accident recording and reporting procedures
- Principles of use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
10 x Multiple choice exam paper and continuous pracical assessments by the trainer.
How long does the qualification last?