Basic Life Support
Who is this course for?
Allows health care professionals to obtain a first aid qualification.
Who should attend?
Health care professionals.
What will they learn?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Managing an incident
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Accident recording and reporting procedures
- Principles in the use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
How long does the course last?
How is it assessed?
Continuous observation by the trainer.
How long does the qualification last?