Emergency Paediatric First Aid (Unit 1)
Level 3 Award - Unit 1 accredited by the Highfield Qualications (nee HABC)
Who is this course for?
This course will provide childminders, nannies or those who have a duty of care for children in their workplace with the essential skills and knowledge to provide emergency paediatric first aid.
Who should attend?
Any person who looks after babies and/or children whether in the workplace, as a volunteer, as a parent or carer.
What will they learn?
- Role of the paediatric first aider
- Minimising the risk of infection
- Dealing with emergencies
- Unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Principles of using an Automated External Debrillator (AED)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Accident recording and reporting procedures
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
Written paper and continuous assessment by the trainer.
How long does the qualification last?
Is there progression?