Family First Aid
Who is this course for?
It is for members of the family who wish to learn first aid skills together . This qualification is not valid in the workplace.
Who should attend?
This is open to all family members. However, anyone under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a suitable adult.
What will they learn?
- Management of an incident
- Priorities of first aid
- Management of an unconscious casualty (recovery position)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to deal with an obstructed airway and choking for babies, children and adults
- Respiratory problems - asthma, diabetic and anaphylactic shock emergencies
- Skeletal injuries
- Head injuries
- Childhood conditions such as croup, measles, meningitis
- Using a first aid kit
- Simple record keeping
- Risk assessment to look at accident prevention
- Safety in the home
- Principles in the use of the Automated External Defirbillator (AED)
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
Continuous observation by the trainer
How long does the qualification last?