First Aid at Work Requalification (FAWR)
Level 3 Award accredited by the Highfield Qualifications (nee HABC)
Who is this course for?
It is for businesses who wish to ensure they meet their regulatory requirements. You will need to complete a risk assessment and determine if your staff require training in full first aid protocols.
Who should attend?
This course is for those people who wish to continue to provide full first aid protocols and fulfil the role of the first aider in the workplace. The is the most comprehensive course we offer.
What will they learn?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- The importance of minimising the risk of infection
- Managing an incident
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Maintaining an obstructed airway
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Accident recording and reporting procedures
- Principles of using an Automated External Debrillator (AED)
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Skeletal injuries - Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head and spinal injuries
- Eye injuries
- Major illness - Asthma, chest pains, meningitis, stroke, diabetes
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
Written paper and continuous assessment by the trainer.
How long does the qualification last?