First Aid at Work (FAW)
Who is this course for?
Who should attend?
What will they learn?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Scene survey
- Managing an incident
- The importance of minimising the risk of infection
- Primary survey
- Secondary survey
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Managing an obstructed airway
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Accident recording and reporting procedures
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Skeletal injuries - Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head and spinal injuries
- Applying support slings and dressings
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Crush injuries
- Major illness - Asthma, chest pains, meningitis, stroke, diabetes abdominal trauma
- Principles of use of the Automated External Debrillator (AED)
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
25 x Multiple choice exam paper and continuous pracical assessments by the trainer.
How long does the qualification last?