First Aid at Work (FAW)
Level 3 Award accredited by the Highfield Qualifications (nee HABC)
Who is this course for?
It is for businesses who wish to ensure they meet their regulatory requirements. You will need to complete a risk assessment and determine if your staff require training in full first aid protocols.
This course is ideal for those interested in progressing from the Emergency First Aid at Work course by developing your skills and knowledge in a first aid emergency.
Who should attend?
This course is for those people who wish to receive training in full first aid protocols and fulfill the role of the first aider in the workplace. The is the most comprehensive course we offer.
What will they learn?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Scene survey
- Managing an incident
- The importance of minimising the risk of infection
- Primary survey
- Secondary survey
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Managing an obstructed airway
- Wounds and bleeding
- Thermal injuries (burns and scalds)
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Accident recording and reporting procedures
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Skeletal injuries - Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head and spinal injuries
- Applying support slings and dressings
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Crush injuries
- Major illness - Asthma, chest pains, meningitis, stroke, diabetes abdominal trauma
- Principles of using an Automated External Debrillator (AED)
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
25 x Multiple choice exam paper and continuous pracical assessments by the trainer.
How long does the qualification last?