The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and Highfield Qualifications (nee HABC) have devised the following sector specific qualifications to meet the growing needs of the catering industry.
The food safety qualifications have been divided into 4 levels:
- Level 1 Award in Food Safety - Allows the individual to prepare and handle food supervised
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety - Allows the individual to prepare and handle food unsupervised
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety (Refresher Course) - Maintains and improves upon the skills and knowlege and provides updates in catering practices
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety - Allows the individual to supervise catering staff in the preparation and handling of food and provide management support
- Level 4 Award in Food Safety - Management, support and audit of the catering environment