Food Safety - Level 1 Award
Level 1 Award accredited by the Highfield Accredited Body for Compliance (HABC)
Who is this course for?
Who should attend?
- new employees and volunteers with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
- employees and volunteers handling low-risk or wrapped foods
- front of house employees and volunteers, such as waiterring or check out staff
- back of house employees and volunteers such as kitchen porters, warehouse staff
- suitable for employees and volunteers for hwom English is their second language
Why is this training important?
What will they learn?
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene
- how to keep themselves clean and hygienic
- how to keep their work area clean
- the role they play in reducing contamination
- Identify key food safety issues
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
Written multiple choice examination paper consisting of 15 questions
How long does the qualication last?
It is recommended that this qualification be refreshed every 3 years
Is there progression?