Food Safety - Level 2 Award
Who is this course for?
Who should attend?
Why is this training important?
What will they learn?
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- understanding of how to control food safety risks by
- appreciating the importance of complying with legislation within the food industry
- identify the implortance of safe food storage to reduce the risk of contamination by keepin food safe
- understanding the importance of high personal hygiene standards as food handlers can pose a risk to food safety & health in general
- understand the importance of temperature controle
- appreciate the importance of maintaining high standards of cleanliness in food premises
- recognise the signs of pests, infestations and who to report it to
- appreciate the importance of implementing a food safety management system
- confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
Written multiple choice examination paper consisting of 30 questions
How long does the qualication last?
It is recommendated that the qualification be refreshed every 3 years