Food Safety - Level 2 Refresher
Level 2 Award accredited by the Highfield Accredited Body for Compliance (HABC)
Who is this course for?
All candidates who have achieved the Level 2 Award in Food Safety are recommended to take a refresher course three years after completion.
Who should attend?
All those who have a current Level 2 Award in Food Safety qualification that is about to expire
Why is the training important?
- Refresh candidates’ knowledge of food safety;
- Complete the Level 2 Food Safety qualification portfolio;
- Encourage best practice within the workplace.
What will be learnt?
- Understand the importance of food safety procedures and reporting and how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety;
- Understand effective personal hygiene practices, their importance in food safety and their role in reducing the risk of contamination;
- Understand how working areas are kept clean and hygienic;
- Identify the sources and risks to food safety and understand the importance of keeping food safe.
How long is the course?
How will it be assessed?
Written multiple choice examination paper consisting of 30 questions
How long does the qualification last?
Is there progression?
Yes, onto the Level 3 Award in Food Safety
Are there special requirements to attend a refresher up date?
Yes, ALL candidates MUST produce evidence of prior successful completion of the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering / for Manufacturing / for Retail along with a photo copy of their certificate at the start of the course to confirm prior achievement. Please note that the awarding body will NOT process the exam results until proof of prior achievement has been received.