Food Safety - Level 4 Award
Who is this course for?
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and senior hygiene personnel such as:
- production managers
- owners or managers of food businesses
- supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge
- hygiene auditors
- shift managers or supervisors
Why is this training important?
Beyond being accountable, it is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
The Level 4 Awards in Food Safety have been designed as a five day programme to provide an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
What will be learnt?
- Identify areas for legal compliance
- Design an improvement plan
- Deliver the Level 3 Award in Food Safety (with appropriate training skills)
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
*The assessment methodology for the Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering and Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing now comprises a controlled assignment and an examination paper both of which are to be completed under examination conditions.
How long does the qualification last?