Health & Safety
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and Highfield Qualifications (nee HABC) have devised the following qualifications to meet the growing needs of health and safety in the workplace.
These qualifications will assist businesses to meet their health and safety responsibilities and thus reduce accidents and incidents within their workplace.
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide health and safety training to employees. This training will assist employees to maintain and provide a safe and healthy environment for themselves and their colleagues by raising awareness and where appropriate, devise and implement relevant processes and procedures.
The health and safety qualifications have been divided into 4 levels:
- Level 1 Award in the Principles of Health and Safety within the Workplace - Raises awareness of health and safety in the workplace for new employees
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace - Contribute to the health and safety systems employed within their workplace
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (Refresher Course) - Maintains and improves upon the skills and knowledge and provides updates in the health and safety arena
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace - Monitoring and implementing improvements in the health and safety systems within their workplace
- Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace - Manage the health and safety systems within their workplace