Health and Safety in the Workplace - Level 2 Award
Level 2 Award accredited by the Highfield Accredited Body for Compliance (HABC)
Who is this course for?
This course builds upon the Level 1 qualification and provides opportunities for the employee to contribute to the health and safety systems employed within their workplace.
This course can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevent and fit for purpose.
Who should attend?
Employees who demonstrate relevant experience in the workplace or who have completed the Level 1 qualification
What will they learn?
- Understand the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main cause to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
How long is the course?
How is it assessed?
Written multiple choice examination paper consisting of 30 questions
How long does it last?
Is there any progression?